This presentation shows how to use D-Bus from Perl. It provides sample code that demontrates the various ways to use D-Bus from within Perl programs.
D-Bus is a new inter process communication (IPC) system that's available in almost all Linux distributions. It consists of a message bus daemon that allow applications to communicate with one another through remove methods invocation, signals and properties.
- dbus-pidgin.pl - Enable a Pidgin account
- dbus-list-services.pl - List the D-Bus services available
- dbus-introspect.pl - Introspect a D-Bus object
- DBus/Test.pm - A simple Test object to be shared through D-Bus
- dbus-server.pl - Simple service for the Test service
- dbus-client.pl - Simple client for the Test service
- DBus/FileWatcher.pm - A FileWatcher object to be shared through D-Bus
- dbus-file-watcher-service.pl - Service that shares the FileWatcher object through Glib
- dbus-file-watcher-client.pl - Client for the FileWatcher service
- dbus-file-watcher2-service.pl - Service that shares the FileWatcher object through the Reactor